Ointment Section required to handle various formulations for e.g. transdermal drug delivery system in the form of gel and other external preparations. It is provided with fully automatic lami tube filling line inbuilt with tube cleaning, filling, sealing and embossing stations integrated with online cartonator, online batch coding and check weighing system.
- All contact parts are of SS 316 & Non-contact parts are SS 304.
- Jacket is provided.
- Vessel provided with top/bottom entry stirrer for proper mixing.
- All pipes, pipe fittings and valves are of SS 316, internally electro polished, with tri-clover ended joints.
- Available in all capacities i.e. 10 to 5000 ltrs. As per customer requirement.
- It is widely used in various industries for mixing of ointments, lotions, paste and syrup.
- Ointment Manufacturing Plants are ideal for the pharmaceutical and cosmetic industries for the production of ointment, creams, tooth paste, lotions and other emulsions and homoginizations.
- To ease cleaning, efficiency of agitators, ease of maintenance.
- The combined action of horizontal blade and specially designed anchor ensures most efficient mixing with shearing action of homoginizer, important when working with viscous products.
- Ointment plant comprises components such as manufacturing vessel and agitators with flush bottom valve, wax/water phase vessel with side mounted fast speed stirrer, flush bottom valve and conical filter, manufacturing vessel with double speed anchor and fast speed emulsifier fitted with mechanical seal, lifting pneumatically for manufacturing vessel, spray ball on top cover for cleaning main vessel, monitoring of the product temperature with digital indicator on panel, electric control panel board with all necessary controls.
- Ointment Manufacturing Plant is very useful for creams, lotions, gels, shampoos, tooth pastes and such preparations.
Ointment Manufacturing Plant: Operations
All waxes and oils are dissolved in the wax phase vessel separately
All aqueous phase materials are added in the water phase vessel and processed separately
Both phase vessels are jacketed and are provided with motor driven propeller type of agitators which facilitate thorough mixing
Once the phases are ready, they are transferred to the main Ointment manufacturing vessel by opening respective valves. This transfer takes place through filters and pipelines due to the vacuum created within the main vessel with the aid of a pump.
The Ointment Manufacturing vessel is provided with anchor type of stirrer along with Teflon scrapper at the ends, the agitator is driven by dual speed motor.
A built-in high speed emulsifier ensures proper emulsification of the ointment, The MIMIC feature in the control panel controls the time of emulsification with the aid of timers.
The finished product is transferred to storage vessels by means of the bump pump.
Transfer from storage vessel to the filling hoppers is achieved by means of reciprocating metering pumps at the required rate.
Special scrappers are provided for transfer of the complete product and to avoid wastage.